Alumni Professional Development
Career and Professional Development Resources for Alumni
Whether you're still evaluating new careers, are ready to take the plunge and make a change, or simply want to advance your career, we're here to help—with personalized career coaching, connections to top employers, a large professional network, and relevant professional development.
Please note that alumni less than a year out still have full access to the suite of services offered by their respective career services offices. If you graduated within the last year from either an undergraduate or graduate program, be sure to take advantage of their individual coaching opportunities and resources. All alumni, new and seasoned, are encouraged to take advantage of the programs and benefits provided by Alumni Career and Professional Development that are detailed below.
Online Training & Professional Development
Career webinars - Over 130 webinars by nationally recognized career experts and online courses designed specifically for DU alums on job search, soft skills and encore careers.
Pioneer Careers - Find local and national jobs posted specifically for Pioneers.
DU Job Board - Are you interested in working at your alma mater? Check here for open positions on the DU Job Board.
DU Law Careers Online - If you are a DU Law alum, access this job board for legal openings.
Alumni Employers - If you have job or internship openings for entry-level or experienced professionals, learn how to recruit Pioneers.
Networking Tools and Resources
Alumnifire - This DU-centric network is where Pioneers go to provide and find career information. Seek advice directly from alums in your field, network with Pioneers in target companies, or gain local knowledge in a new city.
LinkedIn - Join one of the many University of Denver LinkedIn groups affiliated with schools and programs, starting with the University of Denver Alumni group, which is over 11,000 strong. Joining helps you connect directly with other Pioneers.
Coaching and Resume Review
- Quick Questions Coaching - Ask a career expert quick questions. Sessions may last up to 15 minutes and no appointment is necessary (first come, first served). Call 303.871.4331 during our office hours:
- Mondays: 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesdays: 9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
- Wednesdays: 4:30 - 5:30 p.m.
- Thursdays: 2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Fridays: 11:30 - 12:30 p.m.
- Expanded Coaching: in-depth coaching, career assessments, interview skills, resume-writing, LinkedIn updates and more through
Turning the Corner. Alumni contract directly with Turning the Corner for all services.
- DU employees - Alumni who are current DU employees may make an appointment with the Human Resources Performance & Development Consultant, Mia Elizardi at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email your resume in word format to email@example.com and one of our expert career coaches will provide feedback within 3 business days.
Career & Professional Development Events & Job Fairs
To register for these events, please visit alumni.du.edu/events and click on the event name
Alumni Professional Development Series events
- June 13-14 – Get Hired Now (2017 grads only)
- June 20, 6:30-8:30 pm – Personal Branding
- June 28, 5:30-7:00 p.m. - MBTI Assessment Event *
- August 29 - Changing Careers after 10 Years
- September 15, 5:30-7:00 p.m. - MBTI Assessment Event*
- September 26 - Networking 101
- October 24 - Leadership
- November 15, 5:30-7:00 p.m. - MBTI Assessment Event
- November 28 - Office and Office Party Etiquette
*To register and complete the MBTI Assessment, please call the DU Career Center at 303-871-3911. Please note that there is a $20 charge for the assessment; the instruction session is free. Be sure to mention you’re an alum and which date you wish to participate.
DU Women's Professional Alliance Series events
- September 12 - Working with a Family
- October 1 – Professional Associations and Community Involvement
- November 14 – Women in Management
- December 5 - Healthy Living, Stress Relief, Nutrition for Dummies
Young Alumni Series events
- July 18 - Insider's Guide to Renting or Buying in Denver
- August 22 - Get Started with Financial Planning
- September 19 - Taking Advantage of Your Work Benefits
- October 17 - Gig Jobs and Second incomes
- November 21 - How to Be Successful in the First 90 Days of Your Job
- June 15 – HireTalent Alumni-Only Career Fair
For the most up-to-date list of upcoming events and career fairs, visit the Pioneer Career Blog
Alumni within one year of graduation continue to receive full services from their student career center. Those alumni who graduated from the Sturm College of Law or a graduate program at the Daniels College of Business or Josef Korbel School of International Studies may receive specialized services from the career center in their school. Those contacts are:
For all questions about how DU can serve alumni, please contact Cindy Hyman, Director of Alumni Career Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org