Alumni Professional Development
Career and Professional Development Resources for Alumni
Whether you're still evaluating new careers, are ready to take the plunge and make a change, or simply want to advance your career, we're here to help. We offer personalized career coaching, connections to top employers, a large professional network, and relevant professional development.
Please note that alumni less than a year out still have full access to the suite of services offered by their respective career services offices. If you graduated within the last year from either an undergraduate or graduate program, be sure to take advantage of their individual coaching opportunities and resources. All alumni, new and seasoned, are encouraged to take advantage of the programs and benefits provided by Alumni Career and Professional Development that are detailed below.
Career & Professional Development Events
To register for these events, please visit alumni.du.edu/events and click on the event name.
Alumni Professional Development Series events
DU Women's Professional Alliance Series events
DU Young Professionals series events
Online Training & Professional Development
Career webinars - Over 130 webinars by nationally recognized career experts and online courses designed specifically for DU alums on job search, soft skills and encore careers.
- Pioneer Careers - Find local and national jobs posted specifically for Pioneers. *If you do not yet have a Pioneer Careers account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for access.
- DU Job Board - Are you interested in working at your alma mater? Check here for open positions on the DU Job Board.
- DU Law Careers Online - If you are a DU Law alum, access this job board for legal openings.
- Alumni Employers - If you have job or internship openings for entry-level or experienced professionals, learn how to recruit Pioneers.
Networking Tools and Resources
- Pioneer Connect - This DU-centric network (powered by AlumniFire) is where Pioneers go to provide and find career information. Seek advice directly from alums in your field, network with Pioneers in target companies, or gain local knowledge in a new city.
- LinkedIn - Join one of the many University of Denver LinkedIn groups affiliated with schools and programs, starting with the University of Denver Alumni group, which is over 11,000 strong. Joining helps you connect directly with other Pioneers.
- "Ultimate Guide to Mastering LinkedIn" by Robbie Abed
Coaching and Resume Review
- Quick Questions Coaching - Ask a career expert quick questions. Sessions may last up to 15 minutes and no appointment is necessary (first come, first served). Call 303.871.4331 during our hotline hours; the 2018 hours are:
- -- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:00-10:00am
- -- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:00-5:00pm
- Expanded Coaching: in-depth coaching, career assessments, interview skills, resume-writing, LinkedIn updates and more through Turning the Corner. Alumni contract directly with Turning the Corner for all services.
- DU employees - Alumni who are current DU employees may make an appointment with the Human Resources Performance & Development Consultant, Mia Elizardi at email@example.com
- Email your resume in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our expert career coaches will provide feedback within 3 business days.
Alumni within one year of graduation continue to receive full services from their student career center. Those alumni who graduated from the Sturm College of Law or a graduate program at the Daniels College of Business or Josef Korbel School of International Studies may receive specialized services from the career center in their school. Those contacts are:
For questions about how DU can serve alumni, please contact Cindy Hyman, Director of Alumni Career Programs, at email@example.com